Meaning of 'o'
or onkaramu om. [Skt.] The sacred syllable om. O'M. Om. or AUM being the triliteral name of the Hindu Trinity. pranavamu. onnamassivaya or o nnamassivaya siddhannamu. O Siva! I bow to thee for success.
Meaning of ఆ
The broad vowel A, as in arm, father. [The Secondary form of this letter is -which is a modified form of the upright stroke | used to denote the long sound of a in Sanskrit.
[The ingenuity of the inventors of the Indian Alphabets is shown by the way in which they formed the long vowels out of the short ones by giving a slightly different turn to their forms. See Taylor.]
2. The demonstrative sign, as ఆ పని that act, ఆ కథలు those stories, ఆ వెనుక after that, ఆ తెల్లవారి next morning. ఆ ఆ (or ఆయా) యిండ్లలో in the various houses.
3. As a contraction ఆ stands for ఆశ్వాసము chapter; also for a certain verse ఆటవెలడి of a certain metre.
4. As a Sanskrit prefix it means Upto, Until, As far as; as ఆచంద్రార్కము or ఆచంద్రతారకము as long as the moon and the sun or stars last. ఆజానువు to the knee. అపాదమత్తకము. from head to foot. ఆబాలగోపాలము up to or including the children and the shepherds. ఆసముద్రము as far as the sea. See ఆకంఠము and ఆచండాలము.
5. A Telugu affix denoting question, or surprise as అతడా (is it) he?
6. An interjection ఆ, or ఆ ఆ, or ఆహ Yes, Aye: or Ah! A. iv. 5.
Browse Telugu - English Words
Sri Venkataramana Calendar 2022 July